How Can I HELP?
More than 40% of children in the United States have to suffer through violence in their homes and communities. In turn, more than 60% of trauma survivors report symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder and other mental health problems. Clearly, successful attempts at prevention and treatment can save tremendous psychological and economic costs to our children, our families, our society and, therefore, to every single one of us.
Every day we are working hard to change this cycle of pain and violence. With your help, we can increase our impact. We need support to help our work reach more children. Together, it’s true–we can change our world.
Every single dollar of your investment in the Child HELP Partnership goes to providing services for traumatized children and their families because overhead expenses are covered by St. John’s University and other generous patrons. Operating under the auspices of St. John’s University’s 501(c)3, all donations made to CHP are tax-exempt.
- $5000 – Covers one of a series of public awareness films based on case histories that are used to educate others about best practices for traumatized children
- $2600- Covers a full course of our specialized cognitive-behavioral therapy for a victimized family, proven to reduce anxiety, depression, and aggression
- $1500- Covers KEYS, an educational program that teaches parents and other caregivers how to protect young children from sexual abuse, physical abuse, and bullying, for an incoming kindergarten class
- $575- Covers a comprehensive evaluation of one family
- $300- Covers transportation for one family to attend evaluations and therapy
- $250- Covers one week of therapy for a family
- $125-Covers five scholarships for parents to attend KEYS to Prevention
Other ways to be involved and donate
Help us grow by joining a committee, hosting or participating in events – and networking to build support. We are always looking for donations of items and services.
CLICK HERE for additional information.
Stay up to date on CHP
CLICK HERE to receive our periodic newsletter, invitations to our events, and share our efforts with others.
© 2017 Child HELP Partnership