Child HELP Partnership is dedicated to educating parents, other caregivers, youth, and professionals about trauma. Public education demystifies and destigmatizes trauma and mental health. It also builds the capacity for communities to protect and support children. Lastly, knowledge can inform referrals – making sure children get the care they need. The more people with more knowledge, the better able they are to help.
Our team offers workshops in English and Spanish, in-person and virtually, that cover a wide range of topics. Below is a list of some of the available workshops. We are continually developing new ones to meet ever changing issues and can tailor a talk to your needs. Below is a partial list of offerings.
- Trauma 101: Definitions, Reactions, and Coping Strategies
- When Bad Things Happen: Helping Children Cope with Trauma
- Workshop to Educate on Child Abuse and Neglect
- Secondary Traumatic Stress: Identification and Prevention for Professionals
Child Mental Health Issues
- Depression in Children and Teenagers: How to Spot it and What to Do
- When to Worry About Your Child’s Worries
- Managing Problem Behavior: Strategies for Parents and Teachers