How We HELP
Healing children using state-of-the-art, specialized therapies
- 1,000 trauma survivors and their families have received free Trauma-Specific Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy through our PARTNERS clinic. Of the children diagnosed with PTSD, 90% recovered by the end of treatment.
- 450 bereaved children and their caregivers have participated in our grief group counseling program, Making Connections. After participating, children and caregivers reported significantly less depression and grief symptoms.
Empowering multicultural communities to access mental health care
- We are partnering with First Presbyterian Church in Jamaica to bring our Keeping Every Child Safe abuse and bullying prevention program and Making Connections grief group counseling to residents of Southeast Queens.
- We are networking with local politicians to create awareness of childhood trauma and bring our programs to underserved communities.
- Child HELP Partnership (CHP) leadership has trained 500 mental health professionals nationwide in trauma therapies researched and refined at CHP.
- CHP has been selected by the Ittleson Foundation to train the next generation of psychologists in graduate school programs across the country in trauma therapy, grief group counseling, and prevention of abuse and bullying.
- More than 475 caregivers of young children have participated in Keeping Every Child Safe.
- CHP was awarded grants from two foundations to do a randomized trial of Keeping Every Child Safe.
- More than 120 mental health professionals and educators have attended CHP’s specialized workshops on the assessment and reporting of child maltreatment.
© 2021 Child HELP Partnership