How Can I HELP?
More than 40% of children in the United States have to suffer through violence in their homes and communities. In turn, more than 60% of trauma survivors report symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder and other mental health problems. Clearly, successful attempts at prevention and treatment can save tremendous psychological and economic costs to our children, our families, our society and, therefore, to every single one of us.
Every day we are working hard to change this cycle of pain and violence. With your help, we can increase our impact. We need support to help our work reach more children. Together, it’s true–we can change our world.
Every single dollar of your investment in the Child HELP Partnership goes to providing services for traumatized children and their families because overhead expenses are covered by St. John’s University and other generous patrons. Operating under the auspices of St. John’s University’s 501(c)3, all donations made to CHP are tax-exempt.
- $2500 Provides a course of trauma therapy for one child and caregiver(s)
- $1500 Provides a course of trauma therapy for one child OR Funds the prevention program for 25 caregivers (i.e. one school class)
- $1000 Helps fund the hiring of a Spanish-speaking, bilingual therapist
- $600 Provides a comprehensive evaluation of a family (child and parent(s))
- $375 Provides a crisis intervention for a community agency after a trauma or death
- $150 Provides tickets for 2 caregivers to attend the prevention program
Other ways to be involved and donate
Help us grow by joining a committee, hosting or participating in events – and networking to build support. We are always looking for donations of items and services.
CLICK HERE for additional information.
Stay up to date on CHP
CLICK HERE to receive our periodic newsletter, invitations to our events, and share our efforts with others.
© 2021 Child HELP Partnership