How Can I HELP?
More than 40% of children in the United States have to suffer through violence in their homes and communities. In turn, more than 60% of trauma survivors report symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder and other mental health problems. Clearly, successful attempts at prevention and treatment can save tremendous psychological and economic costs to our children, our families, our society and, therefore, to every single one of us.
Every day we are working hard to change this cycle of pain and violence. With your help, we can increase our impact. We need support to help our work reach more children. Together, it’s true–we can change our world.
100% of your investment in Child HELP Partnership goes to providing treatment and/or prevention services for children and their families because overhead expenses are covered by St. John’s University and other generous patrons. Operating under the auspices of St. John’s University’s 501(c)3, all donations made to CHP are tax-exempt.
- $5000 Covers the cost of training in grief counseling to one community
- $2500 Provides a course of culturally sensitive trauma therapy for one family
- $1000 Covers the cost of a prevention workshop series for parents/caregivers
- $600 Provides trauma and grief consultation for a NYC school in crisis
- $375 Covers an online webinar in trauma and grief for community leaders
- $150 Covers a supply kit for a family participating in teletherapy
Other ways to be involved and donate
Help us grow by joining a committee, hosting or participating in events – and networking to build support. We are always looking for donations of items and services.
CLICK HERE for additional information.
Stay up to date on CHP
CLICK HERE to receive our periodic newsletter, invitations to our events, and share our efforts with others.
© 2022 Child HELP Partnership